Our congregation represents a commitment by many individuals to work in partnership for the greater good. When you volunteer, we hope the experience will fill you up. One way you can ensure that is to “serve with grace.” That means you consider your gifts and discern where and how to use them. When you use your gifts, you will be nourished, not drained, and serving will become a spiritual practice.
There are many opportunities to support your church with your time and talents and at the same time strengthen your connections to fellow members of the congregation:
- Become a Sunday morning coffee host. Contact Sharon Horton for more information and training.
- Sign up to usher by contacting Angie Dierks
- Help host a reception for a memorial service; contact Rev. Myke for more information.
Worship and Ministry
- Take part in the service: join the choir, or contact Rev. Myke about being a reader.
- Join the Worship Committee.
- Help lead a Spiritual Enrichment Group (SEG) or an affinity group.
- Offer compassionate listening to other members as part of the Pastoral Care Team, or as a Pastoral Visitor.
- Use your imagination and explore your passions to create a program to share with others.
- Serve on a committee. Whatever your talents and your interests we have a place for you. We are a self-governing congregation; our committees help develop and carry out the policies under which we operate.
- After you become familiar with the church and its governance, consider becoming an Officer or a Trustee.
- Volunteer as a workshop leader or guide, a Senior Youth Group adviser, or a member of the RE Committee.
- Help at all-church work days and fundraising events like our annual holiday fairs, auctions, and garden sales. Watch our Events listing and Recent News to find out more.