During a meeting of the Board on Tuesday, 4/16, part of our discussion involved our church’s increased involvement with the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Here are some of our observations:
- We have increased our use of these resources in the past couple of years, most recently in recruiting our interim minister
- We used the UUA template as the basis for our new website
- More of us have begun attending UUA workshops, such as:
– The staff team participated in a day’s workshop on boundaries and delegating
– The Board participated in a webinar on Centering the Margins and continues to discuss implementing some ideas generated, including seeking out multicultural competency training from the UUA staff;
– Some attended a Spirituality in Leadership workshop
– Some members availed themselves of Stewardship Training workshop
– Some will attend the Mosaic Makers workshop
- We use UUA religious education curricula extensively
- We will be utilizing the help of UUA resources extensively over the next year and a half as we prepare to call our new minister.
We concluded that the UUA is proving itself an extremely valuable resource, and we are very grateful for their generosity in being there for us.