Share the Plate for August: Furniture Friends
The Share the Plate recipient for August is Furniture Friends.
Furniture Friends provides donated furniture to people in need throughout Greater Portland, fulfilling their mission of “Creating Homes. Rebuilding Lives.” This organization partners with over 120 local social service providers, hospitals, faith-based organizations, municipalities, and schools to identify people in need who lack the financial resources to purchase furniture on their own.
By providing people with essential furniture, Furniture Friends:
- helps children get a good night’s rest by providing beds for them in which to sleep,
- provides comfort and security to people suffering from physical, mental, or other chronic illnesses,
- aids families fleeing war-torn countries in transitioning to permanent housing,
- supports people who have been homeless by helping create safe and stable housing,
- and, restores dignity and respect to veterans who’ve served our country and fallen on hard times.
Nominated by Taryn Walker.
To make an offering online, you can give via Breeze and choose “Give to Plate”.