Board of Trustees Responsibilities
Responsibilities of Board Membership:
- Attend and participate in regular and special Board meetings (Regular meetings are currently held on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:30)
- Represent the Congregation’s interests. Engage with other members of the congregation. Be familiar with the “workings” of the church.
- Build relationships with Committee chairs and other key volunteers. Bring what you learn back to the Board.
- Envision the future: Engage with each other and the congregation in an ongoing conversation “if we are a successful church, what will !it look like”
- Uncover the dreams that fire up people, their stories. Let those dreams and stories inform your participation in the Board’s ongoing discussion about the future.
- Make Policy: the Board’s job is to make policies and to delegate both the authority to carry them out and the accountability for results to the appropriate staff and volunteers