Committees and Teams
At Allen Avenue Unitarian Universalist Church, in Portland Maine, as at all UU churches, ministry and leadership are shared — and our volunteer committees and teams play a crucial role in developing and carrying out both.
Deepen your connections with others in the congregation by putting your skills and experience to work as a member of a committee or team! We welcome your participation!
- The Building Committee oversees the maintenance and upkeep of our church building and property. Committee members organize and coordinate all-church work days and work with vendors, service providers, and our Sexton. For more information please contact Dan Chase.
- Our Communications Group coordinates both internal and external communications and includes the editor of our newsletter and our webmaster. If you are interested in being part of this group, please contact Diane Oberbeck. (To submit an article for publication see Submit News and Events.)
- Gardens and Grounds may be the team for you if you love to garden and be outdoors. Contact Sally Moon for more information.
- Member Connections supports the work of the Membership Coordinator by planning events, putting on workshops, and helping people feel welcome. For more information contact Judy Strano.
- The Religious Education Committee members work with the Director of Religious Education to formulate goals, select curricula and evaluate programs for children and youth. For more information contact Tara Williams, chair of the Religious Education Committee or Bob Moseley, Director of Religious Education.
- The Worship Committee is responsible for worship services when the minister is not in the pulpit. (Find out more about lay-led services.) Generally, this includes one worship service per month, plus coordinating summer service planning. Membership in this committee requires creativity, teamwork and an interest in worship. For more information contact Susan Selbe or Anna Noyes Benoit.